- Hiking - 1500 km signposted hiking paths/routes
- Mountain biking - 2000 km signposted cycling paths/routes
- Horse riding - 500 km indicated tracks
- Fishing, swimming, canoeing (Lac de Pannecière and Lac des Settons)
- Golf (Autun: 9 holes, Nevers: 18 holes)
- Historical sites and museum Bibracte (Mont Beuvray)
- 'Grand site de Vézelay' with its Unesco protected basilica and surrounding historical villages
- Autun - old roman village with amphitheatre
- Guédelon - medieval building site
- Bazoches Castle (famous Vauban architects)
For the kids
- Child friendly lakes, playgrounds, ...
- Cardoland - real life dinosaurs replicas
- Medieval building site Guédelon
- Tree Top Challenge
- Parc de l'Auxois - animals, swimming, playground, ...
- During the summer, plenty of festivals and concerts take place in the historical churches and villages
Food and drinks
- Vineyards and wine routes: Vézelay - Irancy - Chablis - Beaune ...
- Infamous Charolais meat
- Typical Burgundy kitchen, with escargots, Boeuf Bourguignonne, Coq au vin, Poulet en Pintade fermier, Tournedos de Charolais and of course andouillette